Super Bowl prediction, who’s going?

Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Patrick Mahomes holds the Lombardi Trophy after winning his second Super Bowl Feb. 12, 2023 against the Eagles in Glendale, Ariz. Photo from CNN.

The National Football League’s (NFL) regular season is officially over and the playoffs have officially begun. Feb. 11 starts the kickoff of the Super Bowl at Allegiant stadium where the Las Vegas raiders play with the remaining teams in the playoffs listed below, starting off with the NFC National Football Conference then the AFC American Football Conference.

NFC

• 49ers                                                
  • Lions
  • Cowboys
  • Packers 
  • Buccaneers 
  • Eagles 
  • Rams

AFC

• Ravens 
  • Chiefs
  • Dolphins
  • Bills
  • Steelers 
  • Browns 
  • Texans 

The first playoff games began with the “wild card” round which is when 12 teams play against each other while two teams out of the 14 teams get the first week off for achieving and winning their division. After the wild card round,the playoffs will begin with the remaining eight teams left. The final four teams remaining will determine the Super Bowl in the conference games. 

The 49ers won the NFC and the Ravens won the AFC back in the regular ending of the season. These two teams have won the majority of their games and opponents in their division. According to ESPN sports journalist Adam Schefter, these two teams are favored to make it to the Super Bowl and win it with a high percentage. All but only one team can win. Fans anticipate the Ravens beating the 49ers as they won in the regular season. 

Many other teams have a good chance of making it to the Super Bowl, often known as “underdogs.” The Lions, Bills and Chiefs have the best chance of making it out of the other teams playing in the wild card with record and stats and percentage wise by sports journalist Adam Schefter. The Chiefs, with few superstars on their team, find a way to win while the Bills and Lions have a good amount of superstars. The Lions haven’t been to the playoffs for 32 years. 

Ravens and 49ers compete in the regular season at Levi’s Stadium on Dec. 24, 2023 with the Ravens beating the 49ers 33-18. Photo from Fox Sports

The wild card started off with the following team statistics as shown: 

• Texans vs. Browns, Texans won 48-17. 
  •  Chiefs vs. Dolphins, with the Chiefs winning 26-7  
  • Packers vs. Cowboys with the Packers winning 48-32
  •  Rams vs. Lions, Lions won 24-23,
  •  Bills vs. Steelers, Bills won 31-17, 
  • Eagles vs. Buccaneers, Buccaneers won 32-9