The Coachella 2024 lineup is stacked

This+year%E2%80%99s+Coachella+lineup+with+the+headliners+and+the+other+artists+featured+underneath+them+on+their+respective+days+via+Coachella%E2%80%99s+official+Instagram+%40coachella.+
Sophea Rios
This year’s Coachella lineup with the headliners and the other artists featured underneath them on their respective days via Coachella’s official Instagram @coachella.

Coachella officially announced their musical lineup for the weekends of April 12 and April 19. Coachella is one the largest music and arts festivals that has been held annually since 1999 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA. According to Gitnux, a website about the latest market trends, statistics and business data, the festival has averaged around 125,000 attendees since 2017 that come to listen to the musical artists, look at art installations and enjoy food. 

This year, many of the frequent festival-goers are unfamiliar or not well-immersed with the artists and their genres which generated a lack of excitement from people online and the slowest ticket sales in the past two years according to Billboard (taking 27 days to sell out). The headliners are Lana Del Rey, Tyler, the Creator, Doja Cat, and No Doubt.

Del Rey’s music falls under the genre of alternative pop with ties to the Americana aesthetic and birthed the girly-coquette aesthetic that took over the Internet. Some of her songs are “Let the Light In,” “Million Dollar Man, “Summer Bummer” with features from A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti, and “How to disappear.”

Tyler, the Creator is regarded as an alternative hip-hop artist with many fans also appreciating his blunt and raw personality. Some of his songs are “IFHY” with a feature from Pharrell Williams, “Glitter,” “A BOY IS A GUN,” and “RUNITUP” with a feature from Teezo Touchdown. 

Doja Cat’s music sways between hip-hop and pop rap which is more well-received by her fans in her earlier albums Amala, Hot Pink, and Planet Her. Some songs from those albums include “Tia Tamera” featuring Rico Nasty, “Streets”, “Shine,” and “Kiss Me More” featuring SZA.

No Doubt is a band that was especially popular in the ‘90s and early 2000s. They disbanded officially in 2015 after their second hiatus and sporadic shows for their album they released in 2012, but are reuniting once again for Coachella. Some of their songs are “Sad for Me”, “Just a Girl”, “Comforting Lie,” and “Hella Good.” 

The festival lineup also includes Sabrina Carpenter, Renée Rapp, Destroy Lonely, Ken Carson, Ice Spice, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, Jhené Aiko, Victoria Monet, Sublime, LE SSERAFIM, Deftones, Suki Waterhouse, Faye Webster, Grimes and many more. Their genres, respectively, consist of pop, hip-hop and rap, R&B, rock, k-pop, hard rock, alternative, and electronic. 

The Coachella lineup this year is really good with many artists that are popular amongst Gen Z. Each of the headliners and bigger artists have at least a song or two that are enjoyable to a general audience. Despite many people calling the lineup this year underwhelming, it has the potential to be the one of the best.