The Student News Site of West Covina High School

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

Swifties express their love

Graciela Jimenez
From left to right: Graciela Jimenez, Layla Jimenez and Violet Le attend day three of Taylor Swift’s Eras tour at Sofi Stadium Aug. 5, 2023 in Inglewood, Calif. “I do think she impacts others because of how relatable her songs are, she makes people feel seen and understood,” said Jimenez.

Taylor Swift fans aren’t typical pop listeners. Known in popular media as “Swifties” they are considered some of the most devoted listeners. Publicized for their creativity, fanaticism, and participation, they are one of the largest fan bases amongst top artists in the entertainment business. Her concerts are a way for her fans to express themselves through their outfits and show the creative culture she has o cultivated. Bracelets have been a way to share their favorite albums, songs, or lyrics.

Feedback from Swift’s listeners about her influence on youth on campus has been very positive. Multiple students have attended a Taylor Swift concert during her “Eras Tour”.

“Definitely the fans and the energy that she brings to the table, just because of how much she varies with her music and genres,” said senior Samantha Guerra.

Swifties are interested in more than just her concerts and all the varied activities. They also often feel an emotional bond with Swift’s lyrics. From lively tunes to heart-wrenching music, Swift’s listeners build a sentimental connection with her lyrics.

Junior Grace Lorenger, a longtime listener and Swift enthusiast, expressed her connection with Swift’s soundscapes. Lorenger also shared how Swift serves as a role model for her and how significantly her lyrics have influenced her.

(Los Angeles Magazine)

“She has changed the way I deal with and understand my own emotions, and has also created an outlet for me and a community of all the other swifties to communicate with and relate to,” said Lorenger.

The impression Swift leaves on all age groups is impactful. Her music serves as a guiding light for all and empowers others to navigate and overcome their challenges in life.

“I do think she impacts others because of how relatable her songs are, she makes people feel seen and understood,” said junior Graciela Jimenez.

Swift’s record-breaking music continues to dominate the charts, showcasing her popularity and talent. Her music is expected to remain at the forefront of the charts for years to come.