The Student News Site of West Covina High School

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Mañana Será Bonito tour exceeds expectations in Rose Bowl performance

LaMusica
Karol G admiring her fans at the Rose Bowl stadium on August 19 at her “Manana Sera Bonito” tour.

Colombian Singer Carolina Giraldo Navarro, known as Karol G, released her fourth studio album, “Mañana Será Bonito” (Tomorrow Will Be Beautiful) on Feb. 24. Following the release of the album she released a follow up album, “Mañana Será Bonito (Bichota Season)” through Universal Music Latino. On Aug 18 and 19, Karol G put on a show for her fans at Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena.

Karol G followed the album with a stadium tour that ran through Aug. 11 to Sept. 28. Many fans were thrilled with the news of the tour due to her successful past tour, “$trip Love”. 

Her album name “Mañana Será Bonito” gave the audience the message that tomorrow will be beautiful. In an interview with television broadcast CBS, she talked about how much the name and message of her album meant to her.

“I talk a lot to myself all the time and all those moments I was letting myself feel sad… I just keep in my mind maybe tomorrow is going to be different and maybe tomorrow is going to be beautiful,” said Karol G.

Many hit songs were played during the concert, the set list consisted of her album which include “TQG”, “Besties”, “Una noche en Medellín” and 26 other songs including older songs such as “200 Copas”,“Ocean”, and “MAMII”.

“My favorite song from the album is UNA NOCHE EN MEDELLÍN (remix), because I really like the beat and the vibe of the song. It’s a very fun song to put on when you’re with your friends,” said senior Joshua Naranjo.  

The album features many artists such as Peso Pluma, Kali Uchis, Young Miko , Tiësto, Shakira, Quevedo, Romeo Santos, and more.

Rebbeca Gomez, known as Becky G, was invited to perform alongside the Colombian singer to sing their popular song “MAMII”. Fans were shocked with the presence and performance from Becky G because they hadn’t performed together since Coachella in 2022.

Karol G concluded her concert with a remix of her popular song “PROVENZA” with tiny flashing lights and cartoons from her album cover displayed on the big screen. Fans enjoyed the ending because of the energy that flowed through the stadium.

In her interview with CBS, Karol G continued to share how the process of the album was difficult for her to finish.

“It was hard for me to finish the album because I’m a perfectionist and I really want people to connect with everything. The sound, the lyrics, and the visuals,” said Karol G.

Many of the visuals and graphics on the album were made by Karol G due to her wanting this album to be perfect.

The artist overall delivered an amazing performance with many different variations of entertainment. The production team exceeded expectations with the different lighting, effects and fireworks throughout the concert. The meaning behind the album is to not let the hard things get in the way of becoming the best version of yourself. The message she conveys to her fans is uplifting. I enjoyed the opening of the concert when “Carolina”, the mermaid with red hair, rediscovers herself after a heartbreak and is ready to become the best version of herself, Karol G then started performing.

Generations of Latinas were in attendance showing their support by singing along with Karol G as she sung the songs with pure empowerment and femininity.