Band and Colorguard Wins Second at Championships

BY ALEXIS ALVARADO

Band and Colorguard found success for their hard work in the form of second place at a large championship event in Westminster HS. Photo courtesy of the Kwan Family.

Compared to the other competitions, Colorguard and Band had a huge championship event which took place on April 21 at Westminster High School. Though they did not place first, their hard work did pay off as they still managed to land in second place.

Despite not winning first, Colorguard and band still scored big seeing how the team was satisfied with the outcome as that they were able to gain more experience; especially for the underclassmen in the team.

“We were very nervous about performing but in the end, we were happy with the win,” said Hitomi Ng.

Moreso, the scoring works differently for these compared to other typical competitions as the placement in the championships works solely off the score they say and none of the previous scores. This does raise the anxiety in the air for team members since there is a new sense of pressure.

Even though, they did not score badly, they strive for better and are willing to put more effort in working harder for the future. Behind the scenes, Colorguard and Band place strenuous amount of hours into their performances and plan to do much more for the following years to come.

“We plan to encourage our new team to work even harder and continue our winning streak from the successful year we have had,” said Ng.

In the end, Colorguard and Band look forward to future wins with continuing and new members and will undoubtedly exceed the goal they set for themselves.

“Motivation is the key for us to improve the team together for the brighter future,” said Ng.