Game Review: COD: Infinite Warfare Beta

BY ALONZO SOTO

The Infinite Warfare beta gave Call of Duty fans an opportunity to preview the game before release and gave the creators a chance to see what bugs and glitches needed to be fixed before release.

Unfortunately, Infinite Warfare has major issues that the creators simply cannot fix. Aside from small bugs and glitches, major technical issues as well as design issues are seen throughout the game.  

Image result for call of duty infinite warfare
Photo courtesy of Call of Duty   

Starting with the technical issues, the lag in the game is quite bad. Even with the dedicated servers now turned on, there is a lot of shoot first die first moments. Plenty of people, including myself, say that the time to kill is far too low.

Another technical issue in the game are the spawns. The spawns in the game are not good or consistent. It is not rare for someone to spawn directly behind you or vice versa. In my experience with playing the game, I have noticed these bad spawns happening consistently.

Aside from these issues in the game, there are also some fundamental issues that cannot be fixed with simple patches. The rigs and gun perks in the game are unfair and unbalanced. The rigs in the game grant players a special ability that are genuinely unfair. Some examples of these unfair perks are faster health regeneration and the faster equipment perk, which can give some players a major advantage over others. 

Overall, Infinite Warfare is disappointing and many would argue that it is identical to Black Ops 3. The game suffers major technical and design issues that cannot be fixed when the game is released. The only reason people might want to buy this game is because of the Modern Warfare remastered edition.