Fortnite: The Next Big Game

Fortnite has gained such a huge following that the game has released four separate “Battle Passes” beyond the game’s normal free content. Photo courtesy of Epic Games.

BY MIKEL ESCOBAR

Fortnite has made an enormous impact to the players in the gaming community. The developing game has a co-op mode and a Battle Royale game mode with players that come from all around the world. People have gone crazy on the many updates Epic Games has added to the game, mainly in the Battle Royale mode. For example, the collaboration with Marvel’s new movie Avengers: Infinity War and the game.

The growing game has 3.4 million existing players since its release on July 25, 2017. It can be easily downloaded on XBox, PS4, PC and on Mobile. It continues to grow because it is a free game and is widely available to everyone.

Another thing that makes the game so popular are the many famous celebrities that talk about and play the game. These celebrities include famous rap artist Drake, rookie basketball star Josh Hart and big Twitch streamers such as Ninja and TSM Myth.

Fortnite attracts many players ranged from many ages, especially young children because it is animated, compared to its rival game PlayerUnknown’s Battleground (PUBG). PUBG is a more realistic version of the Battle Royale game whereas Fortnite offers things such as shield potions and plunger grenades (clinger grenades) which aren’t realistic, but silly.

Personally, I think that the game is very addicting since it is not that hard to win. Every game that I play gets intense to the point where my adrenaline is running. So it makes sense that people love the feeling of having an adrenaline rush as an effect from playing the game.

I believe Fortnite will be able to live on as a record-breaking and most hyped game of the year with hopefully more years to come.

View Comments (1)