Food Review: Jay’s

New fast food restaurant has opened up at the Plaza mall. Photo by Emma Hotaling

BY EMMA HOTALING

Jay’s is a new flame grilled food place that has taken its location in the West Covina Mall. Jay’s mainly focuses on chicken items, but they do have other menu items such as nine different burgers, salads and fish baskets. Their main chicken items are chicken wings, chicken strips, chicken wraps, chicken jalapeno sandwiches, and whole pieces of chicken.

I had the chicken strips with fries that came in a styrofoam container with red and white checkered paper. The chicken strips were good compared to other chicken strips I have had. I would suggest having some sauce with the chicken items because they were a little plain by themselves. I personally think that it was a good choice and would probably go back there again sometime soon.

Their options for food are affordable and the wait for it is not too bad, depending on how many people are in line in front of you. If you are a fan of chicken I suggest going there and trying their famous Peri Peri Sauce. I have not tried it personally but I have heard that it is delicious. I wish I would have tried it.

The chicken strips and fries from Jay’s were great. I would definitely recommend going there even if you do not like it at least you tried it.