McPherson Prepares to Travel the World

Throughout the campus, many students and teachers have seen the dedication Denise McPherson had throughout the years here. Many were upset to hear her announce her retirement. McPherson has been working for the district for 29 years. Photo by Yvette Ohn

BY YVETTE OHN

Throughout the campus, many students and teachers have seen the dedication Denise McPherson had throughout the years here. Many were upset to hear her announce her retirement.

McPherson has been working for the district for 29 years. She taught at WCHS for 24 years and 5 years at Edgewood Middle School. Currently, McPherson is teaching her last year of biology. However, throughout her years here she also taught earth science, English, math, U.S. History, geography, computer application, and health.

“I enjoyed the staff. They were like a second family to me and the students were always interesting,” McPherson said.

Before McPherson came to WCHS, she worked at Pacific Security Bank; however, she had the desire to change her career. After she had children, her passion for working with children grew and influenced her into becoming a teacher. She returned back to school to get her teaching credentials.

Throughout the school year, McPherson had little time for her hobbies. However, now that the summer is arriving, she plans to travel, spend time with her mother, and plans to start her own business one day.

“I will miss all my lovely students. No, I really will. Students were good and I will miss interacting with them every day,” McPherson said.