Inside Out 2 predictions

Pixar
(Left to right) Emotions Embarrassment, Anxiety, Envy, and Ennui were introduced into Riley’s mind. In the trailer, Anxiety was shown to have taken over Riley’s mind while disregarding the other familiar emotions.

Pixar’s “Inside Out”, released in 2015, is about a young Riley Anderson who goes through the struggle of moving to a new environment different from where she used to live all within her mind. The film explored the experiences of growing up while going through change.

As the release of “Inside Out 2” on June 14 approaches, Pixar has expanded Riley’s emotional landscape with the introduction of four new emotions: Anxiety, Envy, Embarrassment and Ennui. 

From what was shown, Anxiety seemed to be the main focus of the sequel, potentially trying to take over similarly to “Inside Out” with Sadness and Joy. The other emotions may also play a bigger role. Envy could be portrayed as what might make Riley compare herself to other people, or wish for something that someone else has.

Embarrassment could represent Riley’s awkward moments to add for character, and Ennui appeared to be in a state of boredom and lack of excitement.

While Anxiety could act as a villain at first, it’s likely that the other, more familiar, emotions will play a big part as one moment in a trailer depicts them being bottled up in a literal sense. Similar in the first version, the movie appeared to focus on the growth of Riley and the importance of the emotions she feels.