Player Profile: Daniel Lopez

Senior Daniel Lopez has played tennis since his sophomore year. Photo by Alysia Velasquez

BY ALYSIA VELASQUEZ

Daniel Lopez has been on the tennis team since sophomore year and is on his last year with the team. As team captain of the varsity team, Lopez has a responsibility to keep his teammates on track and encouraged all throughout their season.

“My role on the team is Singles One Player,” Lopez said.

They are in the middle of their season and although they have not had many victories yet, they intend on persisting and putting in their best effort; in practices and especially at their matches.

“I have not had any accomplishments so far, however I would like to improve my skills so that I can win more games,” Lopez said.

Having not had any outstanding accomplishments yet, Lopez does in fact have goals for his teammates and himself for this season.

“I would like for all of us to be able to win matches for our school. Personally, by the end of the season I hope to earn the MVP Award,” Lopez said.

In order to motivate his teammates and himself to pull throughout their season with their best efforts, Lopez wanted to leave his team with a few words of encouragement.

“I ask my team to give the season everything they have because there is always room for improvement,” Lopez said.