The unseen efforts behind-the-scenes in rallies

Simone Loya
Members of Dub C all gathered in the gym to practice their moves for the rally. They spent hours after school rehearsing their formations and such. “The cheers make me really happy considering the work we do for it,” said Simone Loya.

School rallies are events where all programs come together to entertain. The spirit, the way people come together is what creates the liveliness and excitement within. From the lights, to the decoration, all the way down to the entertainment, every moment is planned from the start.

Behind these events, many groups take part in making sure that things run smoothly. One of them being class council, creating banners representing their class.

“We start with a sketch, come up with ideas based on the theme and then we start painting it,” said sophomore Izabella Orantes and class council member.

Class council begins with a sketch of their banner, exchanging ideas before painting. Countless hours are spent as classes work on their project before they are shown off.

“We put in as many hours as we can so we can finish it,” said Orantes.

Another one of the aspects include the performances and choreography of the dance team, Dub C. members stay after school to collaborate and practice dances and their formations to create a breathtaking show.

“We have to come here extra early in the morning to practice and get ready,” said Simone Loya, senior and member of Dub C.

Everything unfolds on the final day in which rehearsals are done one last time and last minute adjustments are made, then everything unravels into spirit and enthusiasm.

“We wanna make them happy with our moves and show them what we got,” said Loya.

It is not only just the performances and displays that make these rallies sensational, but the class crowds in cheers down to the last chants.

2026 class council members painted their banners representing their own class color. Members stayed after school for hours working on this project that they displayed at the rally. “Be prepared for the amount of time you’re gonna put into class council because if you’re not, then it’s gonna be a little overwhelming,” said Izabella Orantes. (A’merie Bequer)