Madilynn Munns Talks About Being in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

Munns during a photoshoot Photo Credit: Arijoy Photos

BY ALINA OLEA

The curtains open and the bright lines are shining, after months of late rehearsals it’s time for West Covina’s annual school musical. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying is a musical focused around an unorthodox way of individual success, filled with catchy songs and comedy. This year, the cast is full with devoted students who want to see the show succeed.

Senior Madilynn Munns is just one of the many talented students who spends so much time dedicated to theater. She expressed her excitement to be playing ¨Hedy La Rue¨ in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Before transferring to West Covina in the middle of her junior year, Munns attended California School of the Arts, a performing arts high school. There, she was in

Munns playing the piano
Photo Cred: Arijoy Photos

the musical theater conservatory where she spent hours a day practicing her acting technique and expanding her vocal range. Moving to West Covina, she was thrilled to join the theater program and befriend students who share the same passion as her. Although she has participated in plays and musicals in the past, she shared her excitement for the upcoming musical. “It’s senior year and has created  such a great bond with the cast, it’s just such an exciting process”. Munns says one of the reasons she loves West Covina’s theater program is because of the involvement and support of the teachers. “This program is honestly pretty amazing, the teachers put in just as much work as the students and are so dedicated to helping us succeed.¨

Munns with cast member during a dress rehearsal
Photo Credit: Alina Olea

Munns shows her gratitude towards all her peers and teachers for making the theatre program such a “lively and safe environment”. With all the opportunities Munn’s has been gifted while attending West Covina, she says this musical is by far the “best one yet.¨