Haile Buckles Hall’s Tips to Ending the Last Semester

BY ALINA OLEA

photo: Alina Olea
Haile cheering at a West Covina football game

Maintaining a perfect GPA may seem impossible and require loads of hard work but when there is a will, there is a way. Senior Haile Buckles Hall, is a 3.8 student who is also responsible for being captain of the cheer team. She describes school as a “stressful experience if you lack commitment”. She says that most students that attend West Covina have more on their plate than just school. Whether that be sports, clubs, or a job there is always a lot going on. “Time management is my biggest tip, without it school can seem so overwhelming, you just wanna give up”. Over her years in high school Haile began realizing the importance of good grades and began a routine she found beneficial for the rest of her high school career. 
“Always get ahead on assignments, and ask for help. Although it can feel intimidating it’s the only way to really understand the subject you’re having trouble in”. Taking advantage of your agenda is

Haile in her Avid class working on some homework

also a really good way to keep track of all the upcoming assignments you have to do and planning out when’s a good time to complete those assignments. Another staple to Hailes routine is acknowledging when something requires extra work. “Tests have always been on the harder side for me and even when I study I sometimes still get bad grades, whenever this happens I always go the extra mile and ask about extra credit or attend tutoring.”

Something a lot of people don’t take into consideration is getting a good night’s sleep. Going to bed at a reasonable time allows you to feel better and focus more the day after. “I like being in bed by 9:00-9:30 because it gives me enough sleep to feel ready for the following school day.” All of these things contribute into Hailes’ exceptional grades and her time management plays a huge role in her work ethic.

“If you want to work hard, you will, just remember high school can be difficult if you don’t ask for help but the end result makes it all worth it.”

Haile with her “cheer sister” before a game.

PHOTOS BY: Alina Olea