The Student News Site of West Covina High School

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

Fighting to Win the National Title

Dance Drill holding their 1st place award after competing. Photo courtesy of Kassidy Lam

BY ALYSIA VELASQUEZ

The WCHS Dance Drill team competed in their first competition of the season in Escondido California at San Pasquel High School on Feb 24 where they placed first and even qualified for Nationals.

There are high hopes for Dance Drill with all of their hardwork and dedication thus far. They plan on working hard toward keeping their title in first place.

Dance Drill has set goals to work toward in their following competitions. “I expect to defend our national championship title for small military,” Captain Kassidy Lam said.

This will be Lam’s fourth year on the dance team. She is now the captain of the team and plans on leading her team to victory throughout the season. Kassidy also had some words of encouragement for her teammates.

“For all my teammates, it’s been a very long journey, let’s push through as a team to conquer these last few months” Lam said.

With a positive attitude and mindset, there will be no holding dance drill back from achieving victory.As their journey to nationals continues, dance drill will be working their hardest to bring the national title back to WCHS where it belongs. Their next competition will be held on March 30 in Anaheim.