The Student News Site of West Covina High School

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

WCHS Insight

Album Review: Everybody

BY ALONZO SOTO

Photo courtesy of Logic.

Sir Robert Bryson Hall II, better known as Logic, released his latest project “Everybody” on May 5, 2017. The album takes a different approach from his previous work having a more socially conscious route. Logic tackles various positive messages on the album, such as growing up being half black and half white in a very dangerous household.

Logic first announced the release date for his next album on March 29, by unleashing the title track “Everybody.” In the song Logic raps about unity, and how everybody should be treated equally no matter their race or ethnicity. Other great tracks on the album include “Black Spiderman,” “Take it Back” and “Mos Definitely,” each conveying their own unique purpose with amazing instrumentals and vocals from other various artists.

One song that stuck out to me was “Anziety.” In the song, Logic raps about growing up and eventually being diagnosed with anxiety at a young age. Most rappers wouldn’t be able to take the topic of anxiety and put it in the form of a song. Logic does so in such a unique way that stands out to me the most out of the entire album. Logic’s skills combined with Lucy Rose’s vocals create something incredible.

I believe with all the rappers of today’s generation talking about drugs, sex and money, it is refreshing to have a rapper who isn’t afraid to rap about topics that he is passionate about. Artists should speak out against problems in our society.  

Once again, Logic delivers another amazing album. I would give “Everybody” 4.5 stars out of 5, and would highly recommend any fan of music to give it a chance.